Sunday, December 5, 2010

Advent Calendar

Way cool Advent Metal Tin Calendar...
christmas advent calendar
I made this advent calendar last year before ChristyNelson.net was born.  It is going to be used again this year and I'm really proud of it, so I thought I would show it off.
First things first.  Grammar.  Yes, I know I don't have the other "l" on "til".  If i had another "l" sticker, I would put it on there.  Instead I'm going for the urban spelling.
Now onto the crafting.  I made this using the tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers (they also laugh in the face of correct grammar).
christmas advent calendar side view
The velcro holding on the tins held up surprisingly well.  I could only put two pieces of candy in each tin, though.  Any more than that and it would be too heavy.  Although, I guess that depends on what kind of candy you use.  This year I think I'll just put a few M&Ms in each one and a verse of scripture.
My kids are old enough now that they appreciate the counting down to a holiday.  I appreciate not having to answer the question, "Is it Christmas yet?" over and over.
Do you have an advent calendar you use every year?  Do you make a new one each year?  Do you use one at all?

From: ChristyNelson.net

No comments:

Post a Comment